|"The Turning Point"|
|Air Date||November 19, 2009|
|Directed By||J. Miller Tobin|
|Written By||Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec & Barbie Kligman|
| Previous|| Next|
The Turning Point is the tenth episode of the first season and the series.
STEFAN AND DAMON HAVE SOME NEW COMPETITION — After reading the journal left by one of the Gilbert ancestors, Jeremy is inspired to return to his hobby of sketching fantasy creatures, a talent he had abandoned when his parents died. Much to the surprise of their friends, Matt and Caroline continue to hang out together. When Sheriff Forbes tells Damon there has been another attack, he offers to track down the killer and learns a startling piece of information about the town's founding families. Alaric steps in to help during an awkward scene with Jeremy, Tyler and Mayor Lockwood. Stefan and Elena come to a new understanding, but everything changes when Elena accidentally makes a devastating discovery.
- Antagonist: Logan Fell
- Elena's house number is 2104.
- Stefan wanted to be a doctor before he turned into a vampire, but he couldn't because of the blood.
- Elena tells Stefan that she wanted to be a writer since her mother had pushed her in that direction, but since her mother died she can't see herself being a writer anymore.
- Tyler's clear bewilderment about his own violent aggression hints at a possible supernatural history when, after confessing to Jeremy that he can't explain his behavior, the camera lingers on a shot of the full moon.
- This is the first mid-season finale to not feature Vicki.
- It's unknown why Kayla Ewell was credited for this episode as she left the cast in Haunted
- This episode had 3.57 million viewers in USA.
- Amazing Race, a U.S. reality television game show in which teams of two people who have some form of a preexisting personal relationship, race around the world in competition with other teams
- Celine Dion, a Canadian singer
- Family Guy, an American animated television series.
- Jeremy: (reading Jonathon Gilbert's journal) I live in fear, it consumes me. In the early evening when I see the sun beginning to fade, the fear comes because I know that the night brings death.
Sheriff Forbes: There's been another attack. A female victim, her throat torn out, complete drained of blood. It fits the pattern.
Damon: (referring to Lexi) I'm sorry, I don't understand. I thought we solved that problem when we staked the blonde one.
Damon: Who turned you?
Logan Fell: How should I know, last thing I remember is I'm about to stake your brother and then you grab me. That's it! Until I wake up in the ground behind a used car dealership on Highway 4; somebody buried me.
Damon: (In pain) It happens.
Logan Fell: You bit me, it had to be you.
Damon: You have to have vampire blood in your system when you die, I didn't do that. Some other vampire found you, gave you their blood.
Logan Fell: Who?
Damon: That's what I want to know.
Logan Fell: Dude it's not like the Welcome Wagon was waiting with a Bunt Cake and a handbook. It's been a learn-as-you-go process. You know, one minute, I'm a small town on the rise news guy and the next thing I know I can't get into my house because my foot won't get through the door!
Damon: You have to be invited in.
Logan Fell: I know, I live alone.
Damon: Oh, That sucks.
Damon: Logan Fell's a vampire and when I find him again I'm going to destroy him.. limb.. by limb.
Stefan: What happened, are you okay?
Damon: No, I'm not okay. I was ambushed, I was shot. Now I'm vengeful. Just gotta find him.
Logan Fell: What are you going to do, stake me? Bury me in another shallow grave? What will the email say this time?
Sheriff Forbes: I didn't have a choice.
Logan Fell: You bitch! I died for you, for this town. You've known me since I was 6..and you swept me under the rug like dirt.
Sheriff Forbes: You knew what you were getting into.
Logan Fell: I was one of you.
Sheriff Forbes: And now you're one of them.
Stefan: I know this is hard to understand..but I'm doing this for you.
Elena: No, you don't get to make that decision for me. If you walk away, its for you, because I know what I want. Stefan, I love you.
Alaric: Jenna's a good person, she deserves the best. I'm here to make sure she gets it.
Logan Fell: Was that supposed to be a threat? Couldn't you throw a punch..maybe..provoke me a little?
Alaric (laughs): I'm not a violent guy by design.
Logan Fell: Oh, you're not a very smart one either.
Alaric: Hows that?
Logan Fell: Cause you have no idea who you're talking to. (Alaric stakes him right afterwards)