|The Mortal Cup|
|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||January 12, 2016|
|Written by||Ed Decter|
Beyond the Shadows
The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy
The Mortal Cup is the premiere episode of Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments.
One young woman realizes how dark the city can really be when she learns the truth about her past in the series premiere of Shadowhunters. Based on the bestselling young adult fantasy book series The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, Shadowhunters follows Clary Fray, who finds out on her birthday that she is not who she thinks she is but rather comes from a long line of Shadowhunters – human-angel hybrids who hunt down demons. Now thrown into the world of demon hunting after her mother is kidnapped, Clary must rely on the mysterious Jace and his fellow Shadowhunters Isabelle and Alec to navigate this new dark world. With her best friend Simon in tow, Clary must now live among faeries, warlocks, vampires and werewolves to find answers that could help her find her mother. Nothing is as it seems, including her close family friend Luke who knows more than he is letting on, as well as the enigmatic warlock Magnus Bane who could hold the key to unlocking Clary's past.
- Ed Decter — writer
- McG — director
- Alyson Silverberg and Jonathan Clay Harris — casting directors
- Shelley Mansell — Costume Designer
- Steve Lucescu — Second Unit Director and Stunt Coordinator
- Glenn Warner — Director of Photography
- Luca Nemolato — Concept Artist
- Stephan Szpak-Fleet — Visual Effects supervisor
- Nuno Capitao de Salles — cast personal trainer
- Lori Waters — Associate Producer
- Hollie Overton and Y. Shireen Razack — Executive Story Editor
- Pierre Henry — first assistant director
- Siluck Saysanasy — second assistant director
- See more here
A list of the songs and score music featured in this episode:
- "Monsters" - Ruelle
- "Don't Come Over" - Jess Penner
- "Forever Young" - Alphaville; performed by Alberto Rosende and Shailene Garnett
- "Redose" - The Prototypes
- The pilot episode was ordered by ABC Family, and the series was officially picked up and given a 13-episode straight-to-series order on March 30, 2015.
- Principal photography for the episode ran for 11 weekdays, from May 25 to June 8, 2015.
- The initial airing of The Mortal Cup was seen by 1.82 million viewers and landed the top series debut on ABC Family/Freeform in more than two years.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Steve Lucescu (@lucescu) on Instagram
- ↑ http://www.actratoronto.com/whats-shooting/
- ↑ http://tmisource.com/2015/06/01/shadowhunters-photos-from-day-6-of-filming/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/stephanfleet/status/601782056239009794
- ↑ https://twitter.com/LucaNemolato/status/601891332601335808
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mortal-instruments-drama
- ↑ https://twitter.com/mmoszkowicz/status/602243947868647425
- ↑ https://twitter.com/McGsWonderland/status/596575092647202816
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Kat_McNamara/status/602822725976002561
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Kat_McNamara/status/607974974817583104
- ↑ http://www.thewrap.com/shadowhunters-freeform-abc-family-pretty-little-liars-tv-ratings/