I'd Leave My Happy Home For You is the twentieth episode of the sixth season of The Vampire Diaries and the one hundred and thirty-first episode of the series.
SummaryEditTHE CURE – As Alaric and Jo reluctantly participate in their bachelor and bachelorette parties, Damon and Elena discuss the ramifications from an impulsive offer that Damon makes. Unsure of what to do, Elena turns to Bonnie and Jo for advice, but is left conflicted when Bonnie raises some unanticipated concerns. When Enzo realizes Lily is on a dangerous downward spiral, he asks Stefan to help intervene before it’s too late. Lastly, fed up with the supernatural threats that plague their town, Matt takes his frustrations out on Tyler, while Alaric considers a life-changing piece of advice.
- Based on the promo, Elena will take the Cure, but something will be wrong. Stefan tells Elena not to take the cure for some reason based on what happens to Elena in the promo. Did Lily really give Elena the real cure or a fake like Katherine gave to Rebekah in American Gothic? Did she destroy the real cure? In Because, Lily did tell her son Damon that she would take something precious, implying Elena, to him if he didn't get the Ascendant back from Bonnie.
- In the promo, Elena ask Damon if he's ready to give up being a vampire.
- Based on the promo, The Gilbert House has been rebuilt as this is where Elena and Damon go to take the Cure.
- Stefan and Bonnie play devil's advocate for Damon and Elena respectively, telling them why they shouldn't take the cure.
- Kai was last seen in A Bird in a Gilded Cage, stranded in the 1903 Prison World with Lily's vampire family.
- Liv was last seen in The Day I Tried To Live.
- The Gilbert House was last seen in the 1994 Prison world in the episode I Alone and the original house was burnt down by Elena in Stand By Me. Its first appearance this season was in the prison world in Yellow Ledbetter.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- This is the second time that Nina Dobrev has filmed on the city hall clock of Mystic Falls, the first time was in Season 5 as Katherine as she tried to kill herself by jumping off in Dead Man on Campus. But this is the first as Elena with Ian Somerhalder as Damon.
- "I'd Leave My Happy Home For You" is an 1899 song by Harry Von Tilzer (music) and William A. Heelan.
- Elena (to Damon): "For you, there's no going back."
- Damon: "I'm madly in love with you. And taking this cure, Elena, won't change that."
- Stefan: "Do not take that cure."
- Bonnie: "What if the human you doesn't love Damon anymore?"
- Elena: "You ready to give all this up?"
Jo: "Awww..... you know me so well; Except for the part where I'd rather be covered in Mrs. Robinson's intestinal bile than grading term papers."
Alaric: "So I'll take that as a no."
Jo: "I just realized tonight is my last shift as a single woman. I can't wait to marry you."
Alaric: "And I am counting the days."
Jo: "Me too."
Caroline: "Hey! It's Caroline! But duh! You knew that because you called. So leave a message and I'll call you back. Bye!"
Stefan: "You're so happy in your voice-mail. And speaking of happy, uh... that thumping base you hear in the background, that's um... Damon's genius idea to host Ric's bachelor party, despite the fact that our mother apparently lives here now, who I've been ducking by the way in case you haven't noticed. I guess what I'm saying is call me back, otherwise I'm gonna start running out of reasons to....avoid everything that is going on my life right now. Kind of like what you're doing, which is completely understandable which is really crappy timing for me and my problems. You should be here. Come home."
Enzo (to Stefan): "Well, that was utterly adorable."
Stefan: "What are you doing in my bedroom?"
Enzo: "Well believe me, there are a number of places I'd rather be; Strapped to a gurney, having my spleen cut out for instance. Unfortunately for me, I'm here because your mother needs your help."
Stefan: "My mother?"
Enzo: "Apparently, her beloved Ascendant's been destroyed. She's in bad shape. Use a bit of your time."
Stefan: "What the hell do you know about my mother?"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.ibtimes.co.in/vampire-diaries-season-6-spoilers-when-will-chris-woods-kai-reappear-628845
- ↑ Discography of American Historical Recordings – "I'd Leave My Happy Home for You"