- "I'm Cupid, stupid."
- —Carrie to Isaac Stanzler
Carrie Hartnell Cutter (born November 21, 1987), also known as Cupid, is a former police officer of the Starling City Police Department. For a time following her police career, she became obsessed with The Arrow and practiced archery. This obsession escalated and she began killing/threatening people in an attempt to get his attention. However, after he took her down, she was taken in by Amanda Waller as a part of the Suicide Squad.
Carrie received top marks at school, and also participated in, and helped win many gymnastics competitions for the school. She attended Starling University from 2004 to 2008. There she met Jesse Ruckert, who she eventually got engaged to. However, not long after graduation, he disappeared.
Work as a police officerEdit
In 2008, Carrie joined the SCPD as a beat cop, eventually two years later becoming the SWAT unit's first female member. At an unspecified point, Carrie's unit was called in to sort out a bomb threat in The Glades, where the unit was forced to engage the Culebra crime gang. A while later, Carrie became obsessed with a colleague and received therapy from a shrink.
Obsession with The ArrowEdit
When Slade Wilson's army attacked Starling City, Carrie got assaulted by one of the Mirakuru-enhanced henchman. The Arrow passed by and saved her by shooting the henchman. After this she began to develop an obsession with him. She began to train archery, recruited a hacker and began collecting data on The Arrow, and visited crime scenes where he had been involved. In an apartment, she had accumulated a collection of sketches and news articles on him, as well as a collection of his arrows.
Around six months later, Carrie went to another of The Arrow's suspected crime scenes, at the Wildcat Gym, where Laurel Lance walked past her. She also later walked past a van that John Diggle was parking whilst backing up The Arrow and Ted Grant. Later that night, Carrie injured two policemen who were escorting Isaac Stanzler. When Isaac asked her who she was, she introduced herself as Cupid, before killing him with an arrow.
She clothed Isaac in a costume similar to that of The Arrow and left him in the streets for the real one to find. Oliver and Diggle found a letter with the address off her apartment in the arrow tip. As they searched her apartment she watched them from a nearby building. She called a cellphone she left there and told him she wanted to help him fight against crime and be with him. She also send a picture of a mob boss she had captured earlier and suggested they should punish him together. Felicity managed to trace her sim card and they found out her identity. They noticed fertilizer in the background of the picture and connected it to the gardening club Sherwood Florist where Carrie was a member of.
The Arrow and Arsenal broke in Sherwood Florist and split up. Carrie was waiting for them. She sneaked up on Roy and startled him by shooting a arrow next to him. She easily beat him before he could even warn Oliver. Using his earpiece she taunted The Arrow and told him they were meant for each other. She used the mob boss as a hostage (making him stand on a chair with the bomb vest and a wire detonator around his neck) and began to tell him she wanted to be with The Arrow. As The Arrow refused she kicked the chair away and fled the scene while The Arrow saved the mob boss. Visiting the hacker he showed her the result of his algorithm and revealed it pointed to Verdant as the base of The Arrow his operations. She began to kiss him and then killed him by stabbing a arrow in his neck. She visited Verdant during the grand opening she walked past Roy without him recognizing her. Sitting at the bar she looked around for The Arrow. Diggle found out about the algorhitm and warned Oliver. After ordering a drink from Thea she got called by Oliver. Lighthearted she joked about him using a club as a base. Oliver tried to persuade her to meet him to get her away from Thea. She agreed to meet him however she promised she would kill everyone in the club if he did not show up.
Meeting at the place he first saved her she told him she wanted him to be her lover. Oliver tried to tell her she is not well and that he had talked to her psychiatrist. Carrie mentioned nothing was wrong with her and said she wanted to be together and called him a hero. Oliver tried to convince her he could not be with anyone. And made references to his own situation that he could not be with Felicity. Angered by his rejection she tried to shoot him. Oliver dodged her shot and disarmed her with a shot of his own. She attacked him and the two got in a fierce brawl. After getting knocked down she kicked the lock of a metal grill and the two fell down and landed on a train track. During the fall Oliver lost his bow, the two continued fighting and she quickly defeated him and cuffed him to the tracks. As he was cuffed down she stood over him and told him that if she could not have him no one would. Oliver tried to reason with her however she prepared to die together as a train drove towards them. Oliver dislocated his thumb and escape the cuffs and pulled her away just in time. Shocked she mentioned he saved her again. Oliver then handed her over to Waller to use for the Suicide Squad to give her something to focus her talents and energy on. Given Amanda Waller's tendency to use whatever means necessary to keep her soldiers in place it is likely she will be forced into psychiatric treatment and therapeutic treatments as well
Seemingly playful and flirtatious, she is revealed to go to extreme lengths to satisfy her desire to be with The Arrow, including killing. Becoming obsessed with The Arrow she seemed to build her entire world around him, and only focus on him. Explicitly stating she did not touch Roy and even kill the hacker after he tried to get intimate with her. Believing that they were meant for each other, she referred to Oliver as her "lover" and "boyfriend." Carrie seemed to ignore laws and moral boundaries alike, killing Isaac Stanzler and injuring two police officers just to get his attention. She even threatened to kill everyone in the club if Oliver did not show up. Carrie is shown to get angry when people confront her with her mental disorder. She claims that there is nothing wrong with her and strongly disliked the psychiatrist that treated her. After Oliver rejects her, Carrie is enraged, and becoming furious, she tries to kill him. In a final act, she wanted to die with Oliver, saying that if she can't have him, then no one can. She tied Oliver to the train rails using hand cuffs. She wanted to die together by being hit by a train. Her illness is furthered when Oliver snaps free and saves her again. Although it was only to keep his promise of saving people and not killing, Oliver's action causes Carrie to believe that he saved her because he loved her.
Her psychiatrist diagnosed her with attachment disorder. This refers to a inability to form real lasting relationships. She pushes everyone away and fixates on one single person, that she feels mirrors her emotional state. She desires honesty and sincerity and can notice when people lie to her.
- Peak of human physical condition: As a former police officer, Carrie is shown to be in top physical condition. During her fight against Oliver she displayed incredible feats of speed and dexterity.
- Police/SWAT training: Carrie has received training in making difficult arrests, restraining techniques and cuffing dangerous suspects.
- Skilled archer: Carrie is shown to be a skilled archer. Being able to shoot the two police officers in their legs with precision shots.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant: Carrie is shown to excel in hand-to-hand combat. She was able to easily beat the heavily armed Roy. She seemed to be evenly matched with Oliver as she was fighting him unarmed while he used his bow as a melee weapon. However after he lost his bow she quickly overpowered and cuffed him. She proved herself a creative and dangerous fighter using her slender build, flexibility and speed to her advantage.
- Skilled tactician: She is shown to be skilled in designing plans. She was able to abduct a heavily guarded mob boss and lured The Arrow by leaving trails. She used her surroundings to her advantage during the fight.
- Manipulation/Negotiation: Carrie is shown to be skilled in manipulating people. She flirted with a hacker to make him help her. She used hostages and threats to lure The Arrow.
- Explosives: Possibly due to her SWAT training Carrie is highly skilled with explosives, using a bomb vest and a wire detonator to use a mob boss as a hostage.
- Skilled markswoman/Firearms: As a former police officer of the Starling City Police Department, Carrie is skilled in the use of firearms.
- Expert stalker/Stealth: Carrie is shown to be highly skilled in stalking people, blending with her surroundings to avoid getting noticed. She was able to follow the events with Team Arrow and Ted Grant tracking Isaac Stanzler without being spotted.
- Durability: Despite falling down more then ten feet she got up and kept fighting wihout any visible injuries.
- Reading people: According to her psychiatrist Carrie is able to notice it when people lie to her.
- Gardener: Carrie was a member of the Gardening club Sherwood Florist.
- Custom Made Bow: Carrie is shown wielding a custom made bow, it is unknown what type of bow It is.
- Quiver: Wearing a quiver, Carrie carried her arrows during her confrontations with The Arrow.
- Custom Made Arrows: Carrie is seen using custom made arrows. These arrows had tips made from carbon fiber-reinforced polymer, and were heart shaped and colored red.
- Handcuffs: She was revealed carrying handcuffs. She used these cuffs in her fight with Oliver to cuff him to the tracks.
- The character was designed by Andrew Kreisberg.
- She replaced Harley Quinn as the most crazy female member of The Suicide Squad.
- The character was designed by Andrew Kreisberg.
- She is one of the few people that outmatched Oliver in single combat.