|“||You have a weapon across the river just waiting to be fired. Use it.||”|
— Cami in The Originals Season 2
Camille "Cami" O'Connell is a bartender and psychology student who initially moved to New Orleans to find out the truth about the death of her brother, Sean O'Connell. Both Klaus and Marcel are attracted towards her and hope to keep her sheltered from the major ongoing conflict between the vampires, witches and werewolves of the city. However, this is getting increasingly difficult, especially now that Cami has discovered the truth about the supernatural world and that her brother was cursed by a witch in revenge for her uncle's actions. She is also good friends with Davina and Josh.
Camille is a member of The O'Connell Family.
As of right now, there is not much known about her early history. She grew up with a twin brother, Sean, and moved to New Orleans near her uncle, Kieran, in order to figure out the circumstances surrounding Sean's suspicious, tragic death. At some point she enrolled in courses and began working as a bartender at Rousseau's.
Throughout The Vampire DiariesEdit
In The Originals, Camille is the bartender at the Deveraux sisters' bar. When Niklaus is monitored by Marcel 's minions, she appears saying: "Sorry for the wait. If you're here for the gumbo, I'm about to break your heart. We just ran out."
Moments later, Marcel meets Cami. She thinks that Marcel has no good intentions. Niklaus meets again with Camille in one of the streets of New Orleans. Camille describes the painting of an artist, which causes Niklaus to show parts of his humanity.
Throughout The OriginalsEdit
PersonalityEditCamille does not possess any supernatural attributes. Camille exhibited an air of pluckiness about her by claiming to Marcel that she has a black belt in karate. She is not judgmental. Her brother's murder-suicide has left her with a need to understand the human psyche, to be able to make sense of the supposed chaos within insanity. She is a person who stands by her morals, as upon learning of her brother's murder's demise, she felt enraged that someone had gotten killed. Likewise, she possesses a strong will, angrily telling Klaus that she will find a way to break through the compulsion's control over her.
Now that she's right smack in the middle of all the chaos and bloodshed in the French Quarter, she has displayed considerable determination to continue what her uncle worked so hard to protect. She stands tall as a human in a town chock full of supernatural creatures.
Camille is a young woman in her early to mid twenties, standing at approximately 5'6" who has an attractive face possessing green-blue eyes, dark lashes and blonde hair.Her shoulder length hair is worn in a variety of different styles although usually worn pulled back with a clip, exposing her strong jaw line. Camille seems to be absent of heavy make up, and wears a minimal amount of jewelry, usually only a necklace or pendant. She wears a variety of different styles of clothing ranging from colorful knitwear, denim jackets and jeans, floral summer dresses, cardigans with sandals or boots and occasionally matches them with colored scarves. Camille also has a small tattoo on the inside of her left wrist, the significance is however unknown and the tattoo is often hidden beneath her clothing.
- Main article: Camille and Marcel
Marcel spotted Cami walking alone at night and Marcel decided if she was brave, he'd let her live, and if she was dumb, she was dessert. When he startled her, she promptly told him she has a black belt in karate. She lived. She represents an allure to Marcel. Their relationship will further develop as he is drawn to her. She sees him as a hot, sexy bad boy but is afraid of getting herself hurt again. After Camille realized she was compelled by Klaus to date Marcel, she tried to push her feelings onto the compulsion, however Klaus stated whatever feelings she felt for Marcel were real. Their relationship status seems unknown after her realization of being compelled and his relationship with Rebekah, however it was clear that she had developed some sort of attraction to him.
- Main article: Camille and Klaus
Klaus spotted Camille earlier on before their meeting whilst with Marcel. He then later met her upon a busy New Orleans street, they were both drawn to the same painting.
Her words about the man in the painting being "alone", caused him to show his humanity and seemingly change his mind towards the future of his unborn child. As Klaus wanted to regain control of Marcel's empire, he used Camille and compelled her into being with Marcel in order to get closer to Marcel's weapon. Klaus eventually tells Camille he is a vampire- although compels her not to be afraid and to forget once she leaves. Klaus seems to care for her, more than he would an average human and shows his humanity around her, particularly when taking away her memories so she will have peace of mind due to the events surrounding her brother's supernatural death, although she pleads not to take away her memories he promises he will find out what happened to her brother. Whilst Camille is seen to sympathize with Klaus after he reveals part of his past, after regaining all of her memories, she feels rage towards him and the terms of their relationship is very strained after she threatens him. When Cami saves Marcel by giving him her blood, Klaus appears to be jealous.
- Davina and Camille (Friends)
- Elijah and Camille (Acquaintances)
- Camille and Kieran (Family)
- Camille and Josh (Allies)
- Camille and Genevieve (Enemies)
TO Season 2
- Camille is a unisex name of French origin. The meaning of the name is "young ceremonial attendant".
- O'Connell is a last name of Irish origin. It is an Anglicization of the Gaelic O Conaill which means descendant of Conall.
- Cami is Camille's nickname.
- She came to New Orleans in order to find out information regarding the death of her brother.
- Camille found out about the existence of the supernatural in Girl in New Orleans, although was compelled not to be afraid by Klaus.
- She is the only female human on the show with a major role, the other human being Kieran, her uncle.
- With Kieran now deceased, Cami is the only human on the show (as of now) with a major role.
- She has a deceased twin brother, whose name was Sean.
- Cami mistakenly thought Klaus was Rebekah's on and off.
- So far she has been compelled by Marcel and Klaus at different times.
- No one has ever mentioned Cami's parents.
- Davina turns to Camille for help and frees her from Klaus's compulsion the same way she did for Josh.
- Her uncle Kieran tells Klaus that he thinks Camille should leave New Orleans for her own safety.
- Camille had fed her blood willingly to both Marcel and Klaus.
- Camille tried shock therapy to cure her uncle from the hex.
- Camille urged Klaus to turn her uncle Kieran to a vampire, then agreed that he should be staked when his state worsened.
- Camille first interaction with Hayley was during her uncle Kieran's funeral, in which Hayley paid her respects, and asked if Camille knew anything about Francesca Correa.
- Camille learned a secret code when she's only 15 years old by her brother Sean ,that enables her to decifer secret messages related to her family.
- Camille thinks that Hope has been killed by the Guerrera Wolves.
The image gallery for Camille O'Connell may be viewed here.